The Elite Credit Card Line: Visa Infinite
This isn’t exactly a student credit card, but I don’t doubt some of you might be able to get this card. So what is this credit card? City National Bank was the first US issuer to introduce a Visa Infinite to the US credit card market. This brought a whole line of never seen before benefits to the US markets, but is it worth the $400 annual fee?
Now of days with the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Amex Platinum, etc… The annual fee doesn’t seem all the bad, but $400 a year to own a credit card is quite hefty. Let’s see if the benefits can make this card worth it: Click Me for the Full List of Benefits.
The top 5 benefits of this credit card:
- Through the Priority Pass Select program, up to two (2) of the Crystal Visa Infinite Credit Cardholders and their accompanying guests have access to over 900 airport VIP lounges in more than 120 countries and 400 cities worldwide. (Note this depends on the airport lounge’s policy)
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent on gasoline, grocery, airline, hotel, taxi, limousine, rental car, train, bus, restaurant, fast food and takeout food and dining purchases. (1 Point per $1 spent on all other purchases.)
- Receive a statement credit of up to $250 per card per calendar year for Qualifying Airline Purchases.
- Save $100 on air travel when you use your Crystal Visa Infinite Credit Card to book a qualifying U.S. domestic round-trip coach airline itinerary for 2 to 5 travelers through the Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit website.
- Apply for Global Entry, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection program, using your Crystal Visa Infinite Credit Card to pay your application fee and receive a $100 statement credit.
Introductory Offer: (May very)
- Receive a signup bonus of 70,000 points after $5,000 in spend within 90 days of account opening on the City National Crystal Visa Infinite card.
- There is a $400 annual fee which is waived for the first year.
Is it worth it?: The first year yes. That’s assuming you can get the card, you must apply in branch and they are very selective. But, if you can taking advantage of the Global Entry/TSA precheck credit is the first thing you should do. Later of course, the $250 airline credit & $100 booking discount is quite lucrative considering you don’t have to pay for the annual fee the first year. One thing to note though, the Priority Pass membership included with the card is sometimes hard to use. Airport lounges are overcrowded and they sometimes will reject you at the door.
After the first year, the $400 annual fee is quite large and it’s up to you whether or not it’s worth it.
Note: You’ll probably need to make at least 70-80K+ a year to be considered for this card.
Looking for a student credit card? Take a look at the Discover It for Students!
Keywords: Visa Infinite, Top Credit Cards, City National Bank, Metal Credit Cards