New introductory offer: Earn 50,000 bonus miles when you make your first purchase in the first 90 days and pay the $95 annual fee!
Yep… You can basically get yourself a round trip flight on American Airlines for $95 (the annual fee) + $1 purchase at the dollar store! + Government fees for using airline miles…
So… What are the benefits?:
- First checked bag free for the primary card member and up to 4 companions on eligible bags when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American Airlines
- Preferred boarding for the primary card member and up to 4 companions on your reservation when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American Airlines
- Receive 25% inflight savings on food and beverages
- No foreign transaction fees when you make purchases outside the U.S. (Unlike AMEX, you’re more likely to use a MasterCard outside the US)
- MasterCard World Elite benefits: Click Me
+ There is an introductory balance transfer offer!: 0% introductory APR for the first 15 billing cycles following each balance transfer that posts to your account within 45 days of account opening.
Should you get this card?: Considering how good this introductory offer is, I would jump on this if I was flying via American Airlines anytime soon. + You get priority boarding, free checked bags, & 25% off inflight food which are all nice benefits on top of the introductory offer. But, I don’t really see the benefits in keeping this for more than a year (unless you fly on American Airlines exclusively)… $95 is quite the fee. But, if you are considering holding the card for more than a year I would see if there are any retention offers they can offer you (aka they might skip the annual fee for that year + bonus miles).
Note to students looking for a student credit card: Barclaycard can be picky so only apply if you have an established credit history.
Keywords: American Airlines Credit Card, Top Credit Card Introductory Offers, 50,000 bonus miles