A credit card from a credit union that potentially surpasses most major bank’s credit cards? Lets take a look at a card that gives you 5% cashback at a category of your choosing!
Benefits: (Note 1 point = 1 cent)
- Earn 5x points per $1 on category of your choice ($75 maximum cashback from this category per quarter) *Aka max of $1,500 spend*
- In addition to that you also get: 3x on gas, 2x on groceries, 1x everything else (No limit I believe)
- Basic Visa Signature benefits such as: Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Travel Accident Insurance, Travel & Emergency Assistance, Warranty Manager, Hotel Theft Protection
Introductory offer: 0% APR for six months
- Utilities[water, cell, electric, etc.]
- Wholesale[Costco, Sam’s Club, etc.]
- Department Stores
- Hardware & Home Improvement Stores
- Charitable Organizations
- Pharmacies & Drug Stores
Now one of the first thoughts that might come into your head is that this easily beats out the Discover It For Student, which chooses the 5% cashback category for you. On top of that, Discover only gives you 1% cashback on every other purchase, so you easily miss out on other categorical bonuses.
Same goes for the Chase Freedom, they pick the 5% category and give you 1% cashback on everything else.
Let’s cut to the point… This is now #1 on our Top 5 College Student Credit Cards list and I would defiantly get it. If I qualify. While this is one of the best cashback credit cards I’ve ever seen, one of the major issues when it comes to obtaining a credit card from a credit union is that they normally require you to live in the area.
Requirements: Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school or volunteers in (as well as all businesses located in) these geographic areas…
- Pima, Pinal, Cochise, or Maricopa Counties
- Gila River Indian Community Reservation
- Arizona’s “Copper Basin” Area
Relatives of current members, as well as those who work for/belong to any of the eligible groups are also eligible to join.
Tags: 5% Cashback, Credit Union Credit Card, Best Student Credit Cards, Best Cashback Credit Cards