Not exactly a student credit card, but this premium card’s benefits might have you second guessing yourself. Why? You can score yourself OVER $1000 in airfare credit!
Interested? Here’s our review of Citi’s premier credit card:
So… What are the benefits?
- $250 annual air travel credit (per calendar year)
- 4th hotel night free
- Priority Pass Select
- Global Entry/TSA Statement Credit Receive a statement credit, up to $100 every 5 years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓.
- 3x points per $1 spent on all airlines, hotels and travel agencies
- 2x points per $1 spent on all spend at restaurants and select entertainment
- 1x point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- General Citi credit card benefits such as Price Rewind!
- THE CARD IS METAL
Introductory offer: 75,000 bonus points after $7,500 in purchases! (Over $900 in airfare when redeemed through ThankYou.com)
Downsides?: $450 Annual Fee & $50 annual additional user fee (authorized users)
So should you get the card?: If you’re a student, probably not. The annual fee of $450 is quite hefty and $7,500 spend in 3 months is unobtainable for most students. That being said, you might be able to meet this high spending requirement if you pay off your tuition or buy textbooks. Of course, you can always manufacture spend. The introductory offer + this cards benefits do make it worth the hassle.
Ultimately this is an amazing card with the introductory offer, but will be out of reach for many of our readers.
Want to learn more about the offer? Take a look at these other blogs:
Tags: Citi Prestige Review, Citi Prestige New Benefits, Citi Prestige Metal Card, Best Credit Cards of 2017, Best Introductory Credit Card Offers