Say hello to a college student’s best friend, the brand new Uber Visa Credit Card! Earn up to 4% cashback on dining (including bars) with no annual fee.
It seems like every week there is a new credit card, and realistically that claim isn’t that far off. Uber has been working on a credit card for a while, and they’ve finally introduced it! (Note: You may start applying for this card on November 2nd 2017)
Here is the card’s benefits:
- Stream with a $50 subscription credit – Up to a $50 credit for online subscription services after you spend $5,000 or more on your card per year (You will need to wait a year in order to receive this benefit). Amazon Prime does qualify for this benefit.
- Up to $600 for mobile phone damage or theft when you pay your mobile phone bill with your card. (Please visit http://CardBenefitServices.com for more details)
- Exclusive Access – Receive invites to exclusive events and offers in select U.S. cities.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
Cashback rates: (Credits to Doctor of Credit for the explanation on what the cashback rates apply to)
- 4% cashback on dining which includes restaurants, fast-food restaurants, takeout, and bars, including UberEATS
- 3% cashback on airfare, hotels, travel agencies, and vacation home rentals including AirBnB
- 2% cashback on most online purchases which includes online shopping, Uber, and streaming services. Does NOT include: online purchases paid with third party payment methods including PayPal, Venmo, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay.
- 1% cashback on everything else
Points can be cashed out for statement credit (starting at $25) and Uber credit (starting at $5).
Introductory Offer: Earn $100 after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days.
Is this card worth it?: Yes. 4% cashback on dining and 3% cashback on travel is some of the highest rates you can get on a credit card. 2% on online purchases is nice, but cards such as the Citi Double Cash or the Inspirus Visa Signature offer 2% cashback on all purchases. Overall this is a great card to have in your wallet if you also have a standard 2% cashback credit card, and possibly a 5% cashback credit card.
You can apply for this credit card here: https://www.uber.com/c/uber-credit-card/
Tags: Student Credit Cards, Uber Credit Card Review, Uber Cashback, Cell Phone Insurance, Best Cashback on Dining Credit Cards, Travel Credit Cards, College Credit Cards