Let’s see if Hilton’s base credit card, the Hilton Honors, is worth the hard pull? Is it better than the old Citi offerings?
Last year Hilton ended their relationship with Citi, moving their credit cards to American Express (Amex). So the question is, are these cards any better than what they offered with Citi? Let’s find out.
- Hilton silver status, 5th night free on Standard Room Rewards stays of 5 nights or more booked using Points.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Standard Amex benefits: Click me
- 7x points for each $1 you spend at participating Hilton hotels and resorts
- 5x points for each $1 you spend at a U.S. restaurant, U.S supermarket, or U.S. gas stations.
- 3x points for each $1 you spend anywhere else
Want to learn about Hilton Honors points value, check out this article: Click Me
Annual fee: $0
Introductory offer: Earn 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
How does the Hilton Honors they compare with ex-Citi offerings: The same thing. Nothing has really changed, but I highly recommend you wait out on signing up for this credit card. Historically, this card has reached signup bonuses up to 75,000 points.
Thoughts: If you stay at Hilton hotels enough or really need the sign up bonus, this is not a bad card considering there are no annual fees. In terms of cashback (points), they are kinda lacking, but x7 points on Hilton reservations is pretty good. Aside from that, use a x2 or x4 (cents) cashback credit card such as the Uber Visa or Inspirus Visa Signature.
Sign up here: https://card.americanexpress.com/hilton/
Tags: Hilton Honors Credit Card, American Express Hilton Credit Cards, Hilton Credit Card Reviews, Hilton Amex Credit Card, Hilton Silver Status