Almost every company has a credit card, and Starbucks is now one of them. Let’s take a look to see if the credit card is worth the $49 annual fee?
- 8 Barista Picks curated just for card members throughout the year. (Certain food/drink item for free)
- Starbucks Gold Level Status
- Price Protection, Extended Warranty, Purchase Protection, etc
- Earn 1 Star for every $1 you digitally load to your registered Starbucks Card + 2 Stars per $1 you already get when you pay with your registered Starbucks card. (Total of 3 stars)
- 1 Star for every $4 you spend outside of Starbucks stores.
Annual Fee: $49
Introductory offer: 2,500 STARS after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening + 250 Stars the first time you load your registered Starbucks card. (22 free food/drink items)
Should you get it?: No. In my opinion 22 free drinks/food items is not really worth the $49 annual fee. You get $110 worth of free food/drink items (assuming $5 per item), and that’s just for the first year. After the first year, all you get is the standard chase credit card benefits, and the horrible cashback rate. Simply put it, you’re better off taking advantage of random Starbucks promotions with a Uber Visa, or even a standard 2% cashback credit card. This credit card is not worth the hard pull.
Tags: Starbucks Credit Card, Chase Starbucks Card, Starbucks Rewards Stars