Every airline seems to be throwing out their own credit card lines, even this Spanish airline! Here’s our short review on Iberia airline’s credit card offering. (Earn up to 75,000 bonus points)
A ton of airlines now have their own credit cards, even smaller ones you probably never heard of, such as this card by Iberia. Who is Iberia? Iberia is an airline founded 90 years ago and recently merged with the more well known British Airways back in 2011. Read more here: http://www.iairgroup.com
- Earn a discount voucher of $1,000 to use toward two tickets on the same flight for each year you make purchases of $30,000 on your card.
- Use your Iberia Visa Signature Card to book your flight on iberia.com/chase10, and you will receive a 10% discount.
- Make purchases without foreign transaction fees when you’re traveling abroad.
- Earn 3 Avios for every $1 you spend on Iberia, British Airways, Aer Lingus, LEVEL and OpenSkies purchases. (This is essentially the IAG group of airlines)
- Earn 1 Avios for every $1 you spend on all other purchases
Annual Fee: $95
Introductory offer: 50,000 Avios after $3,000 spend within first 3 months + 25,000 Avios after $10,000 spend within your first year.
Is this card worth getting?: Booking a dummy flight on google (May 16th-May 23rd) showed me that the cheapest round trip (also a direct flight) from LAX-MAD was $945 for the Iberia airline. If I was to fly on Air France (cheapest alternative) using the same details, it would cost $987 with 1 stop. So, Iberia is most likely your best option for flights to Spain. That being said, not much has been posted about their reward structure, so I can’t tell you how much 75000 Avios is worth at the time of posting. But, looking at this card for what it is right now, if you’re planning on flying to Spain a couple times a year this is not a bad card. I would not personally get it though, due to the fact that the annual fee is not waived and it does not have much value after the 1st year (unless you make $30,000 in purchases by Dec 31st).
Please note, I would highly recommend checking out these other blogs before making a decision to apply for this credit card (more experience on these kinds of cards):
Apply Here: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/iberia
Tags: Iberia Visa signature, Iberia Airline Credit Card, Iberia Visa signature review, Iberia bonus points